Scientific Resources: Cognition & Nutrition
Hello there! We have collected some of our favourite scientific resources here to share with you:
- cognition and nutrition
- UK national nutritional survey and commentary
- 'smart drugs' in research
This is list is growing, and we welcome contributions from the community. Please let us know if we should add anything using the form at the bottom of this page.
Scientific Resources: Nutrition and Cognition
- Scientific Advisory Committee on Nutrition (SACN)
- Early childhood development and cognitive development in developing countries: A rigorous literature review, published by the UK GOV Department for International Development. It found have positive effects on children’s cognitive development when nutrition and health were provided in optimal doses.
- UK Government - National Diet and Nutrition Survey
- Results of the National Diet and Nutrition Survey (NDNS)
Dr. Alan Stewarts Referenced Resources for Professionals and the Public
Nutrition and Cognition
- Micronutrient Deficiencies and Cognitive Functioning
- Brain foods: the effects of nutrients on brain function
Nature Reviews Neuroscience 9, 568-578 (July 2008) | doi:10.1038/nrn2421
- Nutrition and it's effects on Academic Performance. How can our schools improve?
- University of Aberdeen - Research Areas: Linking Nutrition to Cognition
- Effect of a 12-mo micronutrient intervention on learning and memory (study in children)
Smart Drugs/Smart Pills, Nootropics and Cognitive Enhancers
- Wikipedia page on 'smart drugs', nootropics and cognitive enhancers
- Towards responsible use of cognitive-enhancing drugs by the healthy.
Nature (Scientific Journal) 456, 702-705 (11 December 2008) | doi:10.1038/456702a;
This list is maintained by: